TLS is thankfully quite replayable!
I'm not biased what are you talking about? I would heavily recommend implementing some sort of saving methodology that will help you prevent this sort of issue in the future. Some general thoughts:
- Save often.
- Save on new slots often.
- Keep your saves. If you run out of slots, back them up somewhere else. Don't overwrite them.
- I personally save on the same slot until something important happens or I know it is going to happen. Then I move to a new slot. I usually place saves so I'm facing the exit I need to go through or facing the object/person I need to interact with to move the plot along.
For TLS, an example of doing this early:
- File 1 - Right before fighting Riala with Simon and Altina.
- File 2 - Before leaving Feroholm with Tal.
- File 3 - Before obtaining Yarra via the cache.
- File 4 - Before leaving for Feroholm a second time.
- File 5 - Before completing Yarra's section in Feroholm.
- File 6 - Before leaving Feroholm as Simon.
Once a save slot is "locked" like this, I never save over it. I can always go back to that point in the game.
Note: You don't necessarily need that many saves, it's just an example. Your saves should be as spread out as you're willing to replay if you have to reload an earlier save. I usually save before leaving/completing something so that if I need to reload I am done as much as possible in a given area.
Good luck! Hopefully that is helpful. =D